Terms and Conditions
It is very important that all students read and observe the EThames terms and conditions set out below, as these will affect your rights and obligations. All international students with Student Visas are subject also to the UKBA Visa rules in place at the time the Visa application is made, and these may supersede any relevant College rules below. See www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk .
- The student agrees to attend all lectures, workshops, tutorials and supervision sessions specified in the time table. Failure to maintain a satisfactory attendance level and failure to meet the UKBA rules on attendance will lead to disciplinary action including termination from the course. Any request for authorised leave of absence should be approved in writing by EThames prior to the leave.
- Students may have their admission cancelled at the College for any one or more of the following reasons:
- Failure to maintain attendance in accordance with UKBA requirements
- Failure to pay fees, or maintain agreed instalment plans
- Failure to make adequate academic progress on the course
- Repeated or one single very severe plagiarism offences
- Failure to abide by the College rules regarding behaviour and conduct.
- Disciplinary action will be taken against students for any inappropriate form of behaviour or conduct which can lead to exclusion/termination from the course.
- During term time students will not be given leave of absence for overseas national holiday or attendance of family functions etc.
- The student is fully aware of the subjects that are offered on his /her course and is fully aware of the facilities and services offered by EThames Graduate School.
- The student agrees that he/she cannot change defer or withdraw from the course offered, without prior written permission from EThames Graduate School.
- The course fees include all costs associated with recruitment and admission and the cost of tuition fees.
- EThames Fee Refund Policy is set out below:
- Fees will be refunded in full, if the student application is cancelled by EThames Graduate school
- If the student’s visa is refused, all fees paid will be refunded
- If the student's CAS is withdrawn by the College, all fees paid will be refunded
- Once a student has obtained a visa, but does not commence the course, any fees paid will only be refunded in extremely exceptional circumstances.
- Once a student has commenced their studies any programme any fees paid will only be refunded in extremely exceptional circumstances
- The student can not defer his/her semester or change his/her course. A later start date may be offered only where a Visa has not been processed in time for the start date on the CAS; students should apply for Visas in sufficient time to allow them to be issued in time for the stated enrolment period.
- All Courses and modules are subject to change and can vary from time to time. EThames Graduate School reserves the right to change the contents of the course without any prior notice to the student. In the event of the programme offered and CAS issued being terminated or not being offered, a suitable alternative course at the same level will be provided for the student if possible; where this is not possible the College reserves the right to withdraw the student's CAS.
- The student is aware that the maximum number of re-sits permissible on the programme is three. If the student exceeds the maximum permissible re-sit, their registration will be terminated by the school.
- The student is advised to buy his/her a personal computer or laptop prior to the commencement of the course.
- The student must agree to register for the course on the date mentioned in his/her offer letter. If there is any delay in his/her arrival to UK due to valid reasons (subject to prior approval of EThames Graduate School), the student may be asked to start the course in the next available date/term.
- The student agrees to notify EThames Graduate School within 3 days of the Visa outcome being known, or in the case of appeals, once the appeal outcome is known.
- If there is any delay in the student's arrival to UK due to valid reasons the student must inform the College; unless there are valid reasons the College may withdraw Sponsorship and report the student to the UKBA.
- The student must agree for EThames Graduate school to disclose his/her details to the relevant immigration and home office authorities such as registration attendance and progression details.
- The student agrees that the College may contact parents or guardians, and agents in the event of poor attendance, progression or other matters that may result in the withdrawal of sponsorship.
- Coming all the way from Turkey, I was at first apprehensive of studying in a different country with new cultures and new way of life. But I was in for a pleasant surprise the moment I entered EThames Graduate School. Not only did I immediately feel at home, but the staff went out of their way to ensure I was well settled.