HND Hospitality Management Introduction
Awarding Body: Pearson BTEC
Level: QCF Level 5
The HND Hospitality Management (Higher National Diploma) programme is a 2 year course that is designed to prepare students for a supervisory or management positions in a range of careers within the hospitality industry. You will develop skills in marketing, finance, human resource management, operations and logistics, as well as the knowledge you need to become an effective manager.
A Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma is recognised as equivalent to the first two years of a UK University degree, therefore, students who successfully complete this course will be eligible for entry on to the final stage of a hospitality related degree at a number of UK universities. Students may also choose to use their HND for entry to a Management Training Scheme within a hotel group.
Course Modules and Assessments
* Please note that the above course modules may be subject to change
Assessment is through a combination of coursework, assignments, projects or an examination at the end of each unit. Assessments are externally validated.
Standard Entry for HND Hospitality Management
- Recognised QCF Level 3 qualification with a minimum of 90 credits or overseas equivalent (UK NARIC will be used to assess the equivalency of international qualifications).
- Level 2 English qualification (e.g. GCSE A-C) or overseas equivalent.
Non Standard Entry (without either a Level 3 qualification and/or Level 2 English) for HND Hospitality Management
- Students without Level 3 qualifications who do have suitable work experience demonstrating Level 3 skills, will be considered for admission. They must submit the following documents with their application and attend an interview with an admissions tutor and an academic tutor. Applicants will need to provide:
- A detailed personal statement
- A detailed CV
- Work experience letters and/or references
- Students without a Level 2 English qualification or overseas equivalent are advised to contact their local Learn Direct Centre for details of appropriate short English courses which are free to eligible UK/EU students (see blog.ethamesgraduateschool.com). EThames may provide an opportunity to take an internal English assessment. Students will also be required to attend an interview with an admissions tutor.
Fees & Funding
See Tuition Fees page for course tuition fee and information regarding Scholarships.
Full-time Duration: 2 years
Part-time Duration: 3 years
Intakes: October, January
Minimum age: 18 years
Awarded by: Pearson BTEC