HND Health and Social Care Introduction
Awarding Body: Pearson BTEC
Level: QCF Level 5
HND Health and Social Care (Higher National Diploma) is a level 5, 2 year undergraduate qualification that have been developed by Pearson BTEC and UK employers for those who wish to develop real practical skills across a range of essential health and social care areas.
The HND Health and Social Care programme has been designed to equip individuals with the underpinning knowledge, understanding and skills for employment in health & social care, both in the UK and overseas. These qualifications meet and exceed the National minimum standard of qualification set by the Care Quality Commission for those practising in Health & Social Care in the UK.
The course is suitable for all those already working in the sector who wishes to gain practical skills and a formal NQF Level 5 qualification in order to progress to supervisor or junior management level roles.
Course Modules and Assessments
*This unit includes 200 hours of work experience which each student must complete in a Health and Social Care setting and supported to allow students to meet the learning outcomes.
To gain the HND each module must be successfully completed. Assessment is by a combination of coursework, assignments, projects or an examination at the end of each unit. Assessments are externally validated.
Standard Entry for HND Health and Social Care
- Recognised QCF Level 3 qualification with a minimum of 90 credits or overseas equivalent (UK NARIC will be used to assess the equivalency of international qualifications).
- Level 2 English qualification (e.g. GCSE A-C) or overseas equivalent.
Non Standard Entry (without either a Level 3 qualification and/or Level 2 English) for HND Health and Social Care
- Students without Level 3 qualifications who do have suitable work experience demonstrating Level 3 skills, will be considered for admission. They must submit the following documents with their application and attend an interview with an admissions tutor and an academic tutor. Applicants will need to provide:
- A detailed personal statement
- A detailed CV
- Work experience letters and/or references
- Students without a Level 2 English qualification or overseas equivalent are advised to contact their local Learn Direct Centre for details of appropriate short English courses which are free to eligible UK/EU students (see blog.ethamesgraduateschool.com). EThames may provide an opportunity to take an internal English assessment. Students will also be required to attend an interview with an admissions tutor.
Fees & Funding
See Course Fees page for course tuition fee and information regarding Scholarships.
Full-time Duration: 2 years
Part-time Duration: 2-3 years
Intakes: October, January
Awarding Body: Pearson BTEC
Minimum age: 18 years