HND Business Introduction
Awarding Body: Pearson BTEC
Level: QCF Level 5
The Pearson BTEC HND Business (Higher National Diploma) is a 2 year programme and has been jointly developed by UK employers and Pearson BTEC. It is designed for those who wish to develop real practical skills across a range of essential business and management areas. Alternatively, those already working in supervisory or junior management positions would benefit from these courses and gain practical skills and a formal management qualification.
A Pearson BTEC Higher National Diploma is recognised as equivalent to the 2nd year of a University degree. After completing their HND many students go on to complete a one-year 'Final Stage' course to gain a BA (Hons) in Business and Management or BA (Hons) Accounting and Financial Management, at a number of UK universities.
Course Modules and Assessments
- Business Environment
- Managing Financial Resources & Decisions
- Organisations and Behaviour
- Marketing Principles
- Aspects of contract and Negligence for business
- Business Decision Making
- Business Strategy
- Research Project
- Sales Planning and Operations
- Working with and Leading people
- Administrative Services
- Company Law
- Business Events Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations Management in Business
- Small Business Enterprise
Modules are subject to change
To gain the HND each module must be successfully completed. Assessment is by a combination of coursework, assignments, projects or an examination at the end of each unit. Assessments are externally validated.
HND Entry Requirements
Standard Entry for HND Business
- Recognised QCF Level 3 qualification with a minimum of 90 credits or overseas equivalent (UK NARIC will be used to assess the equivalency of international qualifications).
- Level 2 English qualification (e.g. GCSE A-C) or overseas equivalent.
Non Standard Entry (without either a Level 3 qualification and/or Level 2 English) for HND Business
- Students without Level 3 qualifications who do have suitable work experience demonstrating Level 3 skills, will be considered for admission. They must submit the following documents with their application and attend an interview with an admissions tutor and an academic tutor. Applicants will need to provide:
- A detailed personal statement
- A detailed CV
- Work experience letters and/or references
- Students without a Level 2 English qualification or overseas equivalent are advised to contact their local Learn Direct Centre for details of appropriate short English courses which are free to eligible UK/EU students (see blog.ethamesgraduateschool.com). EThames may provide an opportunity to take an internal English assessment. Students will also be required to attend an interview with an admissions tutor.
Fees & Funding
See Course Fees page for course tuition fee and information regarding Scholarships.
Full-time Duration: 2 years
Part-time Duration: 2-3 years
Intakes: October, January
Minimum age: 18 years
Awarded by: Pearson BTEC