BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Business (QCF)
Awarding Body: Pearson BTEC
Level: QCF Level 3
The Pearson BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma in Business qualification provides learners the opportunity to develop a range of business-related and professional including attributes essential for excellent performance on the job. This is a very good qualification for learners wishing to change careers or more into a particular area after a career break, given its flexible approach that will suite different learning styles.
This programme suits learners who are highly motivated to enter university upon completion! It is broadly equivalent to one GCE A Level and the College has made arrangements for students to progress onto an integrated bachelor degree at certain universities. In addition, full admissions support will be provided throughout the university application process.
Course Modules and Assessments
- The Business Environment
- Business Resources
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Communication
- Market Research in Business
- Internet Marketing
Modules are subject to change
Written course work (essays, reports, etc.), presentations, role playing, projects
6 months, 20 lecture weeks
22nd January 2018
- Recognised QCF Level 2 qualification or overseas equivalent (UK Naric will be used to assess the equivalency of international qualifications)
- Level 2 English qualification (e.g., GCSE English at grade A-C).
Students without the required qualifications but who have suitable work experience demonstrating the right level of skills will be considered for admission. They must submit the following documents along with their application and attend an interview with one of our teachers.
- A detailed personal statement
- A detailed CV
- Work experience letters and/or references
Students who do not hold a Level 2 English qualification may be provided the opportunity to take an internal English assessment test.
Fees & Funding
- Learners aged 19-23 years old may be fully-funded or loan-funded* through the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA)
- Learners aged 24+ years old** may be eligible for a loan-funding
- Some students may be eligible for additional financial support
* For students who have previously achieved a full Level 3 or above
** May be fully-funded upon the discretion of the institution if they meet certain requirements
Duration: 6 months, 20 lecture weeks
Intake: 22nd January 2018
Awarded by: Pearson BTEC