Awarding Body: OCN London
Level: QCF Level 3
EThames Access to Higher Education Diploma (Fashion Business) will introduce you to knowledge and skills necessary for a career in the global fashion industry. You can expect to expect to explore the principles at the heart of any fashion business: product sourcing, design, development, merchandising, branding and marketing, as well as key business skills that are essential to any entrepreneur and manager.
An Access to Higher Education Diploma course is intended to help those without level 3 qualifications can entry to a Higher Education course within the related field. Students who complete Access to HE (Fashion Business) may progress on to a related course at a number of UK universities.
*We are currently not recruiting students for Access to HE programmes starting this September. However all applications will be considered for similar courses in 2017.
Course Modules and Assessments
Understanding how to use the product
- Discover the principles of fashion buying and merchandising
- Use spreadsheets and charts to help the business run smoothly
- Use data from business to predict future trends and make plan
Creating the Business Plan
- Learn how to design and develop fashion products
- Learn how to use branding and marketing to increase sales
- Explore fashion media and its impact on world culture
Development Opportunities at EThames
- Listen to professional guest speakers from the world of fashion
- Attend the world renowned London Fashion Week
- Visit the London College of Fashion and explore degree opportunities
- Meet professionals at networking events
- Receive guidance on University Applications
- Prepare for interviews
• Applicants must be 19+, motivated to study with a clear intention to
progress to a higher education course (HNC, HND, Foundation Degree or
• There are flexible qualification requirements for admission, but all
applicants will be interviewed during the admissions process
• Applicants will need to take a diagnostic assessment of literacy (unless already qualified to Level 2 in English and Maths)
• At least one satisfactory reference is required from a previous school,
college or employer, plus a personal reference
Note: Admission requirements at some UK universities include GCSE English and sometimes GCSE Maths depending on the degree subject. Students will need to have gained these qualifications by end of the course in order to apply to most universities; they are not included within the Access course. Students will need to ensure they have the time and motivation to study for these exams outside the time required for the Access to HE Diploma.
Fees & Funding
- Eligible applicants aged 24 or over may be eligible for a full tuition fee loan for an Access to HE course
- Students in receipt of a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan who go on to complete a higher education qualification (HNC, HND, Foundation Degree or Bachelor’s Degree) will not have to repay their tuition fee loan for their Access to HE course
- Applicants aged 19-23 may be eligible for a full or partial tuition fee grant, which does not need to be repaid
- Students may be eligible for additional financial support, depending on household income
See Tuition Fees page for course tuition fee and information regarding Scholarships.
Eligible UK and EU students may apply for financial support for this course (excluding fast track mode of study).
See https://www.gov.uk/student-finance for details.
Course Level: QCF Level 3
Course Length: The course duration is one academic year
Intakes: October, January
Awarded by: OCN London