Awarding Body: OCN London
Level: QCF Level 3
EThames Access to Higher Education Diploma (Business Studies) will teach you how to solve problems and manage the challenging world of business. You can expect to discover the essential skills needed in the business world and gain understanding of current theories that will support your development and progression into Higher Education and your future career.
An Access to Higher Education Diploma is intended to help those without level 3 qualifications can entry to a Higher Education course within the related field. Students who complete Access to Higher Education Diploma (Business Students) may progress on to a related course at EThames or at a number of UK universities.
*We are currently not recruiting students for Access to HE programmes starting this September. However all applications will be considered for similar courses in 2017.
Course Modules and Assessments
Course Modules Include
• Learn how to manage the recruitment process and solve difficult problems
Planning and Strategy
• Understand how businesses and organisations work
• Dealing with problems and changes in the economy
• Identify customer needs and turn them into products that sell
• Promote the products through advertising and social media
• Use data from business to predict future trends and make plans
Development Opportunities at EThames
- Listen to guest speakers working professionally in the IT industry
- Visit computing fairs and expos
- Explore changes in cutting edge technology at professional events
- Meet professionals at networking events
- Applicants must be 19+, motivated to study with a clear intention to progress to a higher education course (HNC, HND, Foundation Degree or Bachelor’s Degree)
- There are flexible qualification requirements for admission, but all applicants will be interviewed during the admissions process
- Applicants will need to take a diagnostic assessment of literacy (unless already qualified to Level 2 in English and Maths)
- At least one satisfactory reference is required from a previous school, college or employer, plus a personal reference
Note: Admission requirements at some UK universities include GCSE English and sometimes GCSE Maths depending on the degree subject. Students will need to have gained these qualifications by end of the course in order to apply to most universities; they are not included within the Access course. Students will need to ensure they have the time and motivation to study for these exams outside the time required for the Access to HE Diploma.
Fees & Funding
- Eligible applicants aged 24 or over may be eligible for a full tuition fee loan for an Access to HE course
- Students in receipt of a 24+ Advanced Learning Loan who go on to complete a higher education qualification (HNC, HND, Foundation Degree or Bachelor’s Degree) will not have to repay their tuition fee loan for their Access to HE course
- Applicants aged 19-23 may be eligible for a full or partial tuition fee grant, which does not need to be repaid
- Students may be eligible for additional financial support, depending on household income
See Tuition Fees page for course tuition fee and information regarding Scholarships.
Eligible UK and EU students may apply for financial support for this course (excluding fast track mode of study).
See https://www.gov.uk/student-finance for details.
Course Level: QCF Level 3
Course Length: The course duration is one academic year
Intakes: October, February
Awarded by: OCN London